Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Random update

It's not really an update per se, as there's nothing new here but, I have decided to start showing old stuff. This might end up being interesting to read because hopefully it'll show a growth and development in my skills as a painter. That and why the hell not?!

Also, I have recently been looking into airbrushing. I've done a lot of research, and watched many Youtube vids etc and reckon I'd be alright with that type of tool...so that's what I'm getting for Christmas courtesy of my lovely fiancee! XD

I have pretty much settled on the one I want and I've found a decent compressor that looks like it'll last a good long time and is reasonably quiet (something that can be a serious problem by the sounds of it).

Right now, I'm considering investing in one of the Badger line, as Les who does awesomepaintjob.com recommends them like crazy (and a lifetime guarantee is nothing to sniff at)  and after reading quite a bit on dakkadakka.com and other places it seems that the ps900 that is available on Ebay for $55 seems like one of the better ones despite the tiny price tag.
That along with the TC-20T compressor seems like a fantastic starter set up to really hone my skills and I mean really, I'll most likely do several hours a day and fly through models. (After all, I want to get good enough to get my Trollblood collection (276 points...almost everything in the Trollblood line with most units duplicated) repainted in a new skin tone which I'll explore later complete with NMM metals and really nice bases.

But that stuff is for another time :D

I decided that every time I post something I'll endeavour to post a pic, it makes the blog more shiny and significantly more interesting.
So, below we have an old Cygnar army I did. I did these a couple years ago and didn't really enjoy them too much, I think I abandoned them just after the field test had finished in favour the Retribution line that was coming out (I bought the entire line of Ret and decided I was bored of them two months later) :/

So, the army had very basic Shale bases with nothing more because I never got round to doing anything with them. The army itself was an experiment to push my skills, so the entire army was black, with a nice yellow trim. I chose black because it’s a challenging colour to paint and get right.

The army was fun to play with, but Cygnar's infantry feels like it lacks something, and eHaley, although an awesome caster, has a feat that makes your friends cry and stay home which got very tiresome in all honesty. Caine on the other hand...was the first model I did for Cygnar and I was dying to use him but could NEVER write a list that I liked, which is weird, because he doesn’t really need a decent list as he is a one man army on his own but I ended up never using him.

Anyway, enough talk...PICS!
epic Caine

epic Haley

Thunderhead













































Thorn






















Stormclad





















A pair of hunters


Gun Mage unit



Black 13th

























Solos
Left to right: Male Junior Warcaster, Squire and Arlan Strangeways

Aaaand the army shot :D

All in all I was quite proud of this army when I had done it. But it was done in one weekend and it is rather bland. I don't think I'd even heard of NMM back then.

Any comments appreciated :)

'Till next time folks!

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment